City Pages article on "lurking"
There's a good article on "lurking" in the most recent City Pages here.
Here's some other "lurking" data my office has put together based on 2006 Police Department data on "lurking" and 2005 US Census data:
- Eighty percent of those cited for “lurking” in 2006 were people of color.
- A homeless person is fifteen times more likely to be cited for lurking than a non-homeless person.
- An African American is nearly four times more likely than a non-African American to be cited for “lurking.”
- A Native American is three times more likely than a non-Native American person to be cited.
- 37% of those cited for "lurking" were cited for another primary offense.