Healthy City; Thriving Families
The Minneapolis Department of Health and Family Support has completed its summer edition of Healthy City; Thriving Families. This is the department’s quarterly publication and this issue has articles on the Youth Violence Prevention grants I worked so hard to get as well as public health emergency plans; a decline in sexually transmitted diseases in Minneapolis and more. It also includes new department goals and a call for the development of an Urban Health Agenda for Minneapolis. These goals could prove to be powerful in guiding future work and resources.
• Improve infant and child health
• Promote youth development and prevent violence
• Improve teen and young adult sexual health
• Increase physical activity and healthy nutrition
• Assure health care safety net for underserved populations
• Assure preparedness for public health emergencies, today and into the future