My office will be hiring up to three interns to do outreach and organizing work on block clubs, crime & safety committees, and community events, including a “welcome to the neighborhood” event for new student renters this fall.
Here's the Community Outreach and Public Safety Intern Scope of Services:
- Attend neighborhood Crime and Safety committee meetings for the second ward neighborhoods
- Work with community volunteers, Community Crime Prevention Specialists and neighborhood staff to help organize community crime prevention efforts
- Assist in organizing for community meetings and forums, block clubs and walking groups through door knocking, phone calls, distributing notices and attending community events
- Assist block clubs in organizing for meetings and National Night Out events
- Lead a “welcome to the neighborhood” campaign to greet incoming University and Augsburg
- Help organize and increase participation in other selected community meetings, especially those convened by the City Council Member
- Other tasks, including some data entry and research, as assigned.
Interns will be paid $12.09/hour for 10-20 hours per week, from June 4th through September 14th. Hours will be primarily evenings, with some weekends. More hours/week and employment later in the year are available.
Fluency in Somali, Oromo, Eritrean, Spanish and/or Vietnamese preferred.
If you know anyone who might be interested, please have them contact my office