Second Ward, Minneapolis

This is a public policy forum that was established in 2006 by Minneapolis Second Ward (Green) City Council Member Cam Gordon and his policy aide Robin Garwood to share what they were working on and what life in City Hall was like. After serving 4 terms Cam lost his relection in 2021 but has continued to be involved in local politics and to use this forum to report and share his perspective on public policy. Please feel free to comment on posts, within certain ground rules.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Ward Office Hours


Because I have changed my City Council Committee assignments and will now be serving on the Transportation and Public Works committee (which meets on Tuesday mornings), I have had to find a new time to hold my "office hours in the ward."  Because the boundaries of the ward also changed due to redistricting and one of my locations, the Hard Times Cafe, was no longer in the ward and the new ward two stretches much further south, I felt the need to also adjust one of my locations.  While I have greatly enjoyed and appreciated my monthly visits at both the Hard Times and the Birchwood Cafe, after much deliberation, I have decided to change locations.  I have decided to relocate my West Bank location to the Nabo Cafe located in the new second ward on the Augsburg campus.  I am hoping that this will also be convenient to the University and to Seward residents.  I have decided to move my Seward/Cooper location from the Birchwood Cafe to the Blue Moon Cafe.  I think that this location will work well for the Cooper and Longfellow area and well as much of Seward.  Of course, people are more than welcome to venture to any of the locations no matter where they live. 

In order to open Tuesdays for the committee I have decided to set aised Thursday mornings to be in the community and in the following locations every Thursday, from 9:30-11:00am: 
  • First Thursdays: Nabo Café in the Oren Gateway Center, 2211 Riverside Avenue; 
  • Second Thursdays: Muddsuckers Coffee at 1500 Como Ave SE; 
  • Third Thursdays: Pratt School, 66 Malcolm Ave SE; 
  • Fourth Thursdays: Blue Moon Coffee Café, 3822 E Lake St. I hope to see you at an office hour soon!
Please feel free to use these hours to meet if they work for you, but also know that I am more than happy to set up alternative to meet in my City Hall office, or at a location convenient to you.  To set up a meeting you can always feel free to contact me and my office anytime at 612 673-2202 or via email at cam.gordon@minneapolismn.gov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home